- Worked as a general level assistant to the US embassy located in Tegucigalpa, assisting in planning 2 Independence Day celebrations, and assisted translating with low-level Honduran employees in the Embassy to oversee several projects dedicated to maintaining the embassy, along with office-work. Summers of 2011 and 2012.
- Worked as a general sales associated with GameStop for 3 months October through December of 2013.
- Working as an author at Textbroker International a website which connects writers with people who need articles on a variety of subjects.
- Contributor to Honduras Weekly one of the most popular websites for news about Honduras written in English.
- Contributor to Journalister a developing website which plans to helps young writers stay afloat by paying them some of the ad-revenue they bring into the website.
- Knowledge of Latin Dance
- Knowledge of Latin culture
- Former Vice President of the American School of Tegucigalpa’s Mythology Club (2012)
- Knowledge of Latin American Politics and History
- Working knowledge of Spanish (Spoken and Written)
- Experience organizing, coordinating, and assisting a variety of events from simple parties, to festivals, to academic events such as presentations and award ceremonies
- Dedication to the advancement of S.A.L.S.A. through academic events, and social events
- Knowledge of Latin American Cinema
School Related Achievements & Experience:
- Held several events last year, including the Latin Heritage month event, and various presentations for N.A.S.A., such as on how a culture can be appropriated if worn as a costume, a short overview of the Taíno people and the Garifuna people and how their cultures have impacted Puerto Rico and Honduras, and on Latin foods, and a presentation at Café Ole giving a short overview of recent Honduran history.
- Assisted recruiting at the I-fest in the Spring, and worked with N.A.S.A’s end of the year event
- Graduate of Hardaway High school 2013
- Student at the University of North Carolina Greensboro, expected graduation year is 2017
- UNCG S.A.L.S.A. Hispanic Heritage month presentation
- UNCG Café Ole Honduras in the Modern Day/ S.A.L.S.A. information
- UNCG N.A.S.A. Foods and Dishes of Central America
- UNCG N.A.S.A. Ethnic Identities of the Caribbean
- UNCG N.A.S.A. “My culture is Not a Costume.”
- Spanish Fluency
- Knowledge of UNCG
- Knowledge of Martial Arts
- Writing Skill
- Speaking Skill
- Organizing Skill
Member of UNCG organizations (2013-2014):
- Spanish Club
- Café Ole
- UNCG Global Village
- UNCG P.A.L. program
- UNCG Living Learning Communities
- UNCG History Department
- UNCG Women & Gender Studies department
- UNCG Global Studies department
- UNCG Anthropology Department
- UNCG Spanish Department
- UNCG ALIANZA
- Greensboro Children Museum
- American School of Tegucigalpa
- N.C.G. S.A.L.S.A.